Today I have for you the much awaited tutorial for creating a blue smokey-eye look! This look is perfect for evenings, especially for brown-eyed beauties.
So without further delay, here is how you can do it by following a few simple steps!
Steps to create a blue smokey eye:
1. Apply a primer to ensure that the eye shadows stay for long without creasing. This is importantg if you have oily lids like mine.
2. Identify your crease. This would be the area where your eye ball bulges out. Apply a black eye shadow along the crease in a thin line.
3. Take a dark blue eye shadow and apply it to the outer and inner corner of the eye, leaving a small space empty in between.
4. Take the same dark blue shadow and apply it along the lower lid extending it to 3/4th of the lower lid.
5. Take a silver eye shadow and apply it on the lid where you left that empty space in step 3. This will add a nice 3D effect to the look.
6. Blend all the colors together using a fluffy blending brush. Make sure you don't blend too much though! You want the colors to blend well into a gradient without any harsh lines but still make sure the colors are visible and don't mix into one huge black-blue eye (through personal experience - makes you look like you got punched in the eye :P)
7. Highlight the inner corner and under your brow bone with a shimmery white-gold eye shadow. This will brighten your eyes and add that added glamour.
8. Apply a thin line of eyeliner and some kohl to the waterline. Apply your favorite mascara and done!
Isn't that simple? :)
1. L'Oreal Paris Smoky Velours Noir E5
2. MAC Eyes hadow 007
3. Revlon PhotoReady Kajal
4. Maybelline Hyper Volume Express Mascara
5. elf Primer
What do you think of this look? Will you try it? Let me know how it goes, if you do!