Hello to all my fellow bloggers and readers! How are the beauties doing??
I just realized that I have not posted anything on the blog since November 20! *eeksss* :(
But what to do..office work(tonnes of it mind you!) and then all the planning, chaos and hyperness at home related to the wedding preparation left me with little energy and time to write for the blog.. I know I know..I could have taken out atleast 5 minutes! But my lazy bum just felt like slinking into the blanket and going into oblivion :D
Poorva from the blog All Things Beautiful (http://beauty-fulljourney.blogspot.in/) was sweet enough to write to me to check on me! That is when I realized that my bum has rested enough and I better get back into action..atleast before the wedding takes place!
So here I am again! :) Today I'm doing a short post on some of the essentials that every bride-to-be should have in her kit. I am packing my stuff these days, so just thought of sharing these tips!
- Concealer - Hide those blemishes and acne scars by investing in a good concealer.
My suggestions: Colorbar concealer, Revlon PhotoReady Concealer, Revlon Colorstay Concealer< MAC Studio Finish Concealer.
- Foundation - One of the most important things for a bride to look perfect is a good foundation! Nobody likes to have pigmented, discolored or blotchy skin. Invest in a foundation which suits your skin type and matches your skin tone. Make sure that you blend it well so as not to get a caked-up look and get set to have that dewy bridal glow which every girl craves for! :)
My suggestions: Revlon PhotoReady Foundation, Revlon Colorstay Foundation, Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation, MAC Matchmaster Foundation.
- Foundation Primer - Not only does it make your skin smooth and give the foundation a smooth, even base to work on, it also helps in increasing the life of the foundation on your skin, thus ensuring it stays till the end of the function.
My suggestions: MAC Prep+Prime, Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer.
- Mascara - It is one of the best things you can do for your eyes. Mascara instantly opens them up and gives them a full, bright look! For the wedding day, make sure you put 2-3 coats of waterproof mascara to give your eyes that lush, full look while avoiding a panda look during those teary-eyed moments.
My suggestions: Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Mascara, Maybelline Volum' Express Hyper Curl, Loreal Extra Volume Collagene.
- Eyeliners - It is one of the most essential things to give that perfect shape and look to your eyes. These days there are so many varieties of eye liners available to choose from! I would suggest selecting one or more of each type to suit each occasion. You can select from gel eyeliners, liquid eyeliners, glitter liners, pencil liners and what not!
My suggestions: Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner, Lakme Fantasy Shimmer Eyeliner, Revlon Colorstay Sparkling Eyeliner, Maybelline Vivid and Smooth Eyeliner, Bourjois Duochrome Eyeliner.
- Lip Balm - You don't dry, chapped lips so that when you pucker up, the groom freaks out and runs! Make sure to regularly apply lip balm to keep those lips soft, smooth and always kiss ready! ;)
My suggestions: Maybelline Baby Lips, The Body Shop Lip Butter, Nivea Fruity Shine Lip Balm, H2O Plus Lip Mender.
- Long wear, moisturizing lippies - For those longggg ceremonies, dinners, etc. you don't want to keep touching up your lipstick! So go for long wear lippies in shades that suit you.I prefer matte lipsticks than glossier ones for occasions when I need the lip color to stay intact for long.
You can also use a lip primer to make the color look more vibrant and stay for a longer time.
My suggestions: Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lip Color, Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick, Maybelline The Jewels Lipstick, MAC Matte Lippies
- Blushers and Bronzers - Add some much-needed color to your cheeks by using a blusher in the shade that suits you best and a bronzer can be used to contour your cheekbones and give your face a sharper look.
My suggestions: MAC Peaches Blush, Colorbar Peachy Rose, Lakme Earth Rose Trio Blush.
- Nail Polish - Nail colors in several bright colors are very important for a bride. Go for red, pink, fuchsia, coral, bronze and so many more! Also make sure that you are never, and I mean NEVER found with chipped nailpolish! There can be nothing more unappealing than that! As a bride you are supposed to ensure that you maintain your look.
My suggestions: OPI Nail Polish, Lotus Herbals Nail Enamel, Zoya Nail Polish, China Glaze Nail Enamel, L'Oreal Resist & Shine Nail Enamel.
- Perfume - No matter how much make-up you use or how expensive your clothes are, it all becomes ZERO if you stink like a pig! Invest in a good perfume, which suits your body smell and personality.Remember that a perfume adapts your natural body fragrance so make sure it suits your body type and your personality. You don't want to smell like Madonna when your personality is like Taylor Swift, get my point?
- A good hair styling tool - Whether you like to style your hair in curls or straighten them, it is essential to have a hair styling tool (straightening iron/ curling iron) in your kit. This will ensure that your hair look shiny and styled, always.
- Hair Spray - A bride cannot afford to have bad hair days. Yes, on any other day, you can get away with anything but when you are a bride, everyone is looking at you and judging you. So make sure you invest in a good hair spray to keep those loose strands in place.
I hope this list helps all the bride-to-be's and other ladies as well who can use these tips otherwise!
What are everyone's New Year plans? I plan to stay at home, while warming up my bum in front of the heater and eating yummy, fattening goodies!
Until Next Time!